Click on links below for outstanding or interesting student essay answers
1. Why do “desire and loss” re-appear so frequently in American Romantic texts . . . ?
Christine Ford, Exploring Desire and Loss Across Time, Gender, and Race
2. How has American Romanticism continued or changed in post-Romantic American literature?
3. How is the European literary movement of Romanticism transformed by multi-racial America?
4. Review and evaluate varieties of the Gothic encountered this semester.
6. How did this course influence or reflect your experience as a student and / or teacher of American Romanticism?
8. One-essay option: Instead of two essays, write one long essay (at least a dozen paragraphs) reviewing and unifying your learning experience and outcomes for American Romanticism.
(A few one-essays are scattered to other questions, but here are three unique topics.)