Online Texts for Craig White's Literature Courses
[Any highlights & brackets are made by the instructor for association with objectives, lectures, and discussions]
Book of Acts, New American Bible
Acts 2. 1. When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled, they
were all in one place together.
- 2 And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a
strong driving wind, and it filled the entire house in which they
- 3 Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire, which
parted and came to rest on each one of them.
- 4 And they were all filled with the holy Spirit
to speak in different tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim.
- 41 Those who accepted [Peter's] message were baptized, and
about three thousand persons were added that day.
- 42 They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles
and to the communal life, to the breaking of the bread and to the prayers.
- 43 Awe came upon everyone, and many wonders and signs were
done through the apostles.
- 44 All who believed were together and had all things in
- 45 they would sell their property and possessions and
divide them among all according to each one's need.
- 46 Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together
in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes. They ate their
meals with exultation and sincerity of heart,
- 47 praising God and enjoying favor with all the people.
And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.